If You've Been Charged with Sexual Battery in Los Angeles, the Next Move You Make is Crucial.
Sexual battery can be either misdemeanor or felony sexual battery. Felony penalties may apply if the alleged victim:
- was unaware of the nature of the act because s/he was fraudulently convinced that the touching was for professional purposes (like, for example, medical or therapeutic purposes),
- was unlawfully restrained,
- was institutionalized and either medically incapacitated or seriously disabled, or
- was forced to masturbate or touch one of your intimate parts . . . or the intimate part of another person . . . under any of the above circumstances.
Some of the legal defenses that are available to fight a Penal Code 243.4 PC sexual battery charge include:
- consent (that is, the alleged victim actually consented to the act),
- insufficient evidence, and
- false allegations / innocence.
Knowing the Local Courts & Judges
Our winning team of criminal defense lawyers includes former prosecutors and police officers, so we know firsthand how cops and district attorneys put together criminal cases against you. Also, every courthouse in Southern California has its own way of doing things, and we've developed relationships with judges & prosecutors that you'll get to use to your advantage.
To avoid serious, life-tarnishing consequences resulting from a conviction, it is CRUCIAL to have an experienced and knowledgeable sexual battery defense attorney who will build you a strong defense and defend your rights.
At Shouse Law Firm, we've won 1000s of cases in Los Angeles and surrounding cities, with a track record of success with defending sexual battery accusations.
"All the good reviews online were right, best decision I have ever made. Hiring these guys saved my life." - J.B. Torrance
If you are facing charges for sexual battery in Los Angeles, the prosecution is already building their case against you, so don't waste ANY time. And don't say anything to police or detectives about your case, as that can be used against you in the court of law.
Getting Criminal Charges Reduced and Dropped is What We Do. Call (855) 235-4929 for a FREE Confidential Consultation.